Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Friday, January 5, 2018

AWI Project - Fife and Drum Continentals

With the Hunting Shirts out of the way I pulled out some more of the Fife and Drum continentals to work on. Again I'm doing just a single stand of four to get a feel for how these will paint up, I was impressed with how easy the hunting shirts turned out to be so I think these may even be a bit easier.

I wanted a brown regiment and since I started with blue on the Perry plastics this group gets brown. I'm going with darker browns for this group with red facings and white waistcoats.

So this is a lot of pictures without a lot of substance and in many cases you can't really tell what I was working on. Then, of course, there is the period where I forgot to take any pictures at all.

This is where I ended up:


Starting with the skin


And white linen breeches and trousers, used the same paints as I did for the hunting shirts






Then some work on the jackets. Started off with Blackened Brown, which may well be one of my favorite colors.

Lightening things up a bit with Intense Brown


On to the facings, started with  Gory Red and moved up to Fresh Blood.

The white crossbelt are really stark right now

And then, suddenly, lots of stuff is finished.


This is the combination for one of the blanket roll colors. Again this is more for me to remember what I did than you. But I do love the ugly brownish green that resulted. The other bed roll is a Vallejo Dark Yellow  I think, I'll have to go back and check now.
And now, because I can't remember to keep my phone handy, the finished stick of miniatures. I need to go back and do some lining on these for sure to tighten everything up a bit. They look sloppy.




And the finished product, after I went back and did some black lining:








No comments:

Post a Comment