Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ft Logan National Cemetery - Memorial Day Weekend

While there was plenty of other things going on over this past Memorial day I was able to get to Ft Logan National Cemetery and pay my respects to my friend Kirk who passed away December 31, 2015 after a long bout with cancer. There is nothing quite as stirring as military cemetery.

Rest in Peace my friend


I also road my bike over to Fairmont Cemetery in Denver. There is a small military section maintained by the Veterans Administration there as well. Francis Lowry, for whom Lowry Air Force base was name, is buried there. I didn't take any pictures there so I'll follow up and add some later from Fairmont. Some of the military graves there are for veterans of the Spanish-American War.

No comments:

Post a Comment