Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Warlord Games - Red Devils Session 2

I was able to get another session in on the Red Devils tonight. I mounted them all up on bottle caps with white tack. As I normally do I started out with the skin. I'm trying to keep the shadows more dramatic on these than normal, trying to apply at least a little of the theory I worked on over the weekend. I'm happy with where the skin tones are at right now. There are a couple of areas that are a bit darker than I would like but I think that's okay. We don't have to blend everything together shadows are often straight hard edged lines as well.

For these I started with the Reaper Bronze Skin Tone as a base with a little Golden Highlight adding in to bring back a little warmth. Since they were looking a little pale at the end I applied a final glaze of Liquitex Transparent Burnt Sienna, an acrylic ink. So far so good. I didn't have any problems with paint adhering to the Badger Stynylrez thinner so that's looking like a winner so far. I haven't managed to rub any off the minis at this point but then I really didn't try to hard either. The Burnt Sienna has a bit of red in it and as Banshee says "red is life".


The group shot. I can see the white background is picking up the red of the bottle caps.

A bit of a close up, but not to close


2 comments:

  1. The Maroon Mafiosi are looking good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased so far. Will see how that smock comes out, that will be the real test!

      Delete