Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Day 2 with Alfonso "Banshee" Giraldes

Day 2, the morning seemed to come quite early today. First up was finishing up the color exercise that had started on Friday. It was tough and I didn't really finish it but I learned quite a bit. I might endeavor to finish it once we are done with the class though. We followed this up with a bit more theory and another exercise although Alphonso really did this one himself while we watched (He sat in Michael's spot of this one saying it had good energy). A somewhat random assortment of paints were selected and we determined if they were warm or cool and in what order they should be in, we added white to desaturate them and determine what the range of the color might be in the process. Some of the ranges were quite short, red in particular, while others were longer these typically had a lot of blue or yellow in their makeup.

Then it was on to the busts. I really struggled with this today and I'm not happy at all with how well I'm doing. I understand the theory but putting it into practice is not easy. We are going with a very extreme lighting style, which I like a lot, but I'm having a difficult time with the placement of shadows and highlights and how to mix the mid tones. I was getting better by the end and hopefully I can pull it out of the fire tomorrow.


Alfonso is not a morning person
  
"O" Group time

The warm/cool exercise in action

The results. Holy Cow! I really need to add the Vallejo florescent colors to my collection.

"Hey guys! Listen!"

I'm already in trouble, way to orange to start with.

This is a face

Illustrator style

Alfonso's demo busts


I don't think that's how its suppose to go.

It must be serious at this point, Michael has his visor on and the door is close, perhaps even locked.

I'm not sure that's the way I would have done it.

Chains, Chains!

Shoshie and Scott look quite skeptical here

See? You can add tones like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment