Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Southbound UP Coal Train

Its been a while since I have meet up with a train in daylight. This time I had my Nikon in hand and was able to manage a few quick shots that came out pretty good. This is a southbound coal train with three SD70Ms at the head end (UP 4226, 4696 and 3943). I didn't get a real good look but I think it was running light (empty). This was Friday afternoon 2/6/2015.


UP 4226 SD70M


UP 4696 SD70M


UP 3943 SD70M

4 comments:

  1. Headed south empty, this time of year probably means that the cars are gonna be parked in a little used siding until later in the year when the coal market picks back up.

    Just a guess though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured this would be the time of year when the coal market would be up!

      Delete
    2. Not yet. Most are getting along on reserves and buying here and there. April/May is the time when business picks up. The biggest factor for us, is whether or not the South has a hot spring. More air condition, more coal for the power plants. :)

      Delete
    3. I wasn't aware that hot springs might factor into all of that!

      Delete