Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Kickstarter; Reaper BONES inventory

If you read the continued comments on the Reaper BONES Kickstarter or visit their forum with any frequency I'm sure you have heard about issues that have cropped up. As previously reported I received mine on Thursday and I just spent a rather pleasant afternoon running through the inventory. 

Add Ons: All mine were present and I figured out that I made a mistake and ordered the Storm Giants, which actually come as part of the Vampire box. Oops, now I have extras.

Vampire Box: I really couldn't quite believe it but my box is 100% correct so it certainly is possible. You would think that with as many miniatures in that box there would be one mistake but not in my box.

Kaladrax: I'm sure everyone has seen the pictures by this time but it just doesn't do him justice. He will be massive when he's built up and I'm thinking he may be the first mini I paint out of this. Again this box was 100% correct. I think I dodged some serious bullets with everything in these boxes.

Just wanted everyone to know perfect Vampire and Kaladraxes (ie?) can and do happen.


Vampire Pledge

Options

Adds

12 comments:

  1. Well crap. I haven't gone through mine. I hadn't heard about issues. I guess I'll have to do that next weekend and make sure everything is there. It would be great if everything was perfect but the sheer amount of stuff they had to get out is mind boggling. I'm sure they'll make good on any problems so I'm not too worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been reports of missing parts from larger stuff like the like the large Bone Dragon (multiple legs of one type and one side is missing one). I have heard a few singles here and there missing but just one or two...I plan to pull mine out an inventory.

      Delete
    2. Yes, its best to do an inventory. It always sounds worse than it really is because they only people you hear about are those that have a problem. That's mostly why I made this post to show that there are some packages that are correctly packed. And with 6,000,000 miniatures produced as part of this kickstarter even a 1% error rate is going to show up quite dramatically. The only one I would truly be concerned with is the missing left leg in the Kaladrax box.

      Delete
  2. I've read the threads as well and I'm sure Reaper will make good on everything. It may take time though as they are still very, very busy.

    Kris, you don't have to send me anything as I understand that your budget is tight right now and postage prices are high these days. I can wait until they release things online. It's mainly the Orcs and Ogres I'm after and they aren't expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is a lot of stuff sitting for you here so I figure I'll just throw it all in at once!

      Delete
    2. After I sort mine out, I plan to trade/sell the excess I don't want....would love to get more NOVA corp and beasties (like the Bat swarms, the hell hounds, etc)...

      Delete
    3. The NOVA marines are some of the few I'm keeping!

      Delete
    4. You can probably get two NOVA marines in trade for one fantasy mini (maybe more at this point). The vast majority of people looking to trade figures seem to be wanting to get rid of any non-fantasy figures.

      Delete
    5. An excellent point. I'll have to go over and check out the trade thread in the Reaper forum.

      Delete
  3. Mine is supposed arrive tomorrow. I don't know where I am going to put all these figures. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to rip my box open tonight like a hot stud taking off a prom dress!

      Delete
    2. My suggestion is: Paint them!

      Delete