Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Fix Bayonets!" - John William Thomason


A career Marine who started off as a second lieutenant in WWI, Thomason used his own experiences in Europe and China to really bring this collection of short stories to life. It was a great escape after reading all the hard core non-fiction that has occupied my time lately. Despite being written over 80 years ago this book still stands up to anything being written today. Filled with Thomason’s own fantastic illustrations, this is one of those books I had a hard time putting down. It is going to be one of those books that I read over and over again. You really can’t go wrong with this one. I’m not sure if there is an addition still in print but I had no problem finding a used copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment