Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Kickstarter Loot 5 - WW II Western Front - Trenchworx

As many of you know I am a big fan of Trenchworx after I was involved in their WWI Kickstarter which netted me a Rolls Royce AC and 3 FT-17s. While house renovations kept me from really diving in on their WW II Western Front Kickstarter I did manage to get in on a 3 pack pledge. While the Kickstarter didn't quite get to the PzKfw Vs (Panthers) it did manage to unlock some of my favorite vehicles.

The package arrived at the house on Monday but I didn't get a chance to open it until Tuesday. There is nothing quite as exciting as a box full of bubble wrap!




For my reward I picked the M4A1 76mm Sherman, the M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer and the Jagdpanther Tank Destroyer. Quite honestly I'm totally blown away by the quality of these vehicles. They are damn near perfect right out of the box and I think the only mold lines I may have to deal with are on the white metal parts.

I could grab some spray paint and do some quick weathering and I could have these ready for battle by the weekend without a problem. Of course I'm not going to do that, I think each one of these beauties needs some serious attention; nice paint, and a lot of extra stowage and gear for that lived in look. My only regret right now is that I couldn't afford more these during the kickstarter.

Hopefully as the weather gets colder I'm going to have more time for modeling like this. I still have a my German SdKfz 135/1 to finish off plus some more 21st Panzer conversions coming from another kickstarter. Looks like there will be a lot of vehicles in my future.

I got to meet Dave Baker from Trenchworx at Reaper Con. I overheard him discussing something vehicle oriented while I was doing entry registration and I just kind of butted my way into the conversation. At least he remembered my Rolls Royce Armored Car (The Bullet Proof Ghost) which was nice, I'm sure he has seen a lot of renditions of it. The whitewall tires I used really stood out in his mind.

The M4A1 76mm Sherman





The M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer (My favorite American Tank Destoyer)






The Jagdpanther (SdKfz 173) - I think this one counts as a Big Cat!






No comments:

Post a Comment