Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Painting the Trenchworx WWI Rolls-Royce Armored Car - Stripping and Recovery

Since time has now become a big factor I'm pushing through some of this steps as quickly as I can. I finished stripping the Rolls this afternoon. I dried it off, let it air dry for a bit and went straight to priming. I used Vallejo primer through my airbrush and laid in a nice smooth coat quite quickly. I let that dry and then applied a basecoat of Vallejo Model Color Middlestone. I stopped here and I'll let this dry overnight before I start working on the camouflage pattern. I did sit down with some paints and make sure that the colors I was thinking about are going to work together. I should be ready to go to work on the camo pattern tomorrow. I'm going to skip trying to lay the base pattern in with the airbrush and just go straight in with the brush, the filberts are ready!

This is where I stopped with the stripping yesterday. I finished the process today. I hate stripping but there isn't time to just get another one and deal with this one later.


Here we go with the light grey primer

And then with I applied the middlestone basecoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment