Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

USMC 4th Platoon - Almost Done!

I went as far as I could with 4th Platoon tonight. Bases are finished except for the grass. I like to let the water dry before I apply the grass tufts. After that its just time for touchups and another 15 Marines join the force. I'm really liking the look of these Secret Weapon bases. I went for a charred, dead wood look to them and I think they are looking sharp.

Started the stumps off with Reaper Master Series Walnut Brown. I don't leave the house without this color.

They really stand out against the lighter brown soil I went with.


Stumps are finished and Blackened Brown applied as the outer finish. This is another Reaper MSP that I don't leave home without. Similar to Vallejo Model Colour German SS Camo Brown (I don't know the number off the top of my head, sorry).






2 comments:

  1. Thank you Simon! Hoping to wrap these up tonight and maybe paint something that doesn't involve so many shades of green and brown.

    ReplyDelete