Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fran and Ray's 20 Questions



Fran (Angry Lurker) and Ray (Don't Throw a 1) put this up on their blogs ages ago it seems.  I just finally got around to putting together my answers

1. Favourite War gaming period and why?

ACW - Primarily because its a transition war with armies trying to mix old tactics with new weapons and trying to figure out what would work.

2. Next period, money no object?

WWII 28mm Skirmish - With lots of cool buildings with interiors to really get into the action.

3. Favourite 5 films?

Galaxy Quest - Tim Allen at his best
Buckaroo Banzai
Zulu
Star Wars - The first film I really saw on my own
Raiders of the Lost Ark - Because who doesn't want to be Indiana Jones?

4. Favourite 5 TV series?
My wicked category I don't watch that much TV. Figure I would define this as series that I will continue to watch long after its cancelled.
M*A*S*H
Star Trek
Dead Like Me (Why do they cancel the best shows?)
Star Gate: SG1
Eureka

5. Favourite book and author?
I can't pick one book let alone one author so I'll narrow it down to two. Can't get it down to one book.
David Weber
J.R.R. Tolkien

6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!

Patton

7. Favourite Wargames rules?

Fire and Fury (Bridgade and Regimental versions)

8. Favourite Sport and team?

Footall (American) - Green Bay Packers, after all I do own a piece of the team.
(followed closely by Ice Hockey - Colorado Avalanche)

9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?

I have no idea

10. Last meal on Death Row?

Rib Eye Steak, medium rare, baked potato with all the fixins, my mom's apple pie (the whole pie, no point in sharing)

11. Fantasy relationship and why?
I think this is kind of a moving target as I get older my tastes have changed.
I guess right now I'm going with Anglina Jolie despite the fact that she apparently is a bit nuts/

12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?

Probably Mark Hamil - kind of non-descript

13. Favourite Comic Superhero?

Batman, the Dark Knight

14. Favourite Military quote?

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
General George S Patton



15. Historical destination to visit?

I'll narrow this to Europe, since I have been to a lot of ACW sites.
Quatre Bras

16. Biggest War gaming regret?

Selling a couple of my painted armies. Anyone want to be a Norman army for SAGA?


17. Favourite Fantasy job?

NHL Winger


18. Favourite Song, Top 5?

Home - Marc Broussard
The Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
Zombie Jamboree - Kingston Trio version
1952 Black Vincent Lightning -Richard Thompson
Superman Song - Crashtest Dummies

19. Favourite War gaming Moment?

An ACW game where I played the Union side with green troops and actually being outnumbered by the confederates with better troops. Sent them packing with almost no losses!

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?

Playing with people that have no sense of sportsmanship. And people that walk their dogs while riding their bicycle.


2 comments:

  1. Great choices Kris!! Fire and Fury are a great set of rules, I love'em and hate them with a passion!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been one of my favorite set of rules since they came out and I really like the regimental version, just tweaked enough to make it different yet keep them familiar so I didn't feel like I was learning a whole new system.

      I played a ton of Johnny Reb and liked those a lot too, but with Fire and Fury I can not play for a year and pick the rules back up in 20 minutes. When that happened with Johnny Reb it was like learning the game all over again.

      Delete